CodeNEXT is the new City of Austin initiative to revise the Land Development Code, which determines how land can be used throughout the city – including what can be built, where it can be built, and how much can (and cannot) be built.
The process is a collaboration between Austin’s residents, business community, and civic institutions to align our land use standards and regulations with what is important to the community.
To see the road map of the CodeNEXT process, go to CodeNEXT Journey: Creating the Austin We Imagined.
Ann McCormick and I have been involved in this process representing the neighborhood almost from its beginnings. And, several more of your neighbors worked with us on developing our Community Character in a Box.
We created several reports, documents and photos as part of this process, and these are listed below:
- CodeNEXT Critique
- CodeNEXT Summary
- Lost Creek Neighborhood
- Character in a Box Procedure
- Lost Creek Community Character in a Box Exercise
- Lost Creek Community Character in a Box Movie
- Lost Creek Assets, Constraints and Opportunities for Improvement
- Learning About Your Community: Assets, Constraints and Opportunities for Improvement
Please help us by getting involved in this forum asking questions and discussing issues.